This client requested self-supporting shelves for his collection of unopened vintage record albums. The room is large, and I installed 5 pairs approximately 8′ long.
Total shelf dimensions and specifications:
- Unit size: 3 1/4″ deep x 2 1/8″ high x 96″ long
- Shelf board: : 3/4″ thick x 2 9/16″ deep. Slot: dado 1/4″ deep x 7/16″ wide, terminated with piece of wood after routing.
- Shelf back: 9/16″ thick x 2 1/8″ high, routed with 45 degree bevel
- Materials: Clear pine
- Assembly: back is glued and assembled to shelf with screws spaced at 12″
- Attachment to wall: (3) #8 x 2 1/2″ wood screws per shelf
- Finish: primed, then painted with two coats Benjamin Moore Aura white satin finish